[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Wed Sep 11 08:19:25 EDT 2013

Richard,

You won't be sorry. Too bad I got mine from Millennium Cycle Works in
Lilburn. They changed their name a couple of years ago, can't remember what
it changed to though.

Daily commute is 11 miles each way on the 141, from the 120 intersection
down to Norcross.

ed

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Richard Bronosky <richard at bronosky.com>wrote:

> [...]
> on a
> > bike, you will not believe how cold you can get at 50mph. I've never
> > invested in riding trousers, my jeans have worked out fine, although a
> few
> > years ago when we had those really brutal winters, it took some toughing
> > out. And in Atlanta, you'll also definitely need rain gear.
> >
> > See klr650.net for a very helpful community. It pays to own a common
> > motorcycle as there are parts galore and many people willing to help and
> > advise.
> >
> > Take a drive out to Suches one weekend and stop by Two Wheels Only
> >
> http://motodog650.com/2013/03/19/former-t-w-o-to-re-open-as-two-wheels-of-suches/
> > which recently re-opened. There you will find a great bunch of
> enthusiasts
> > that will be only too happy to share some options.
> >
> > I think even with the additional investments, a bike works out way
> cheaper
> > than a small car. Insurance is like $11 a month and I get just over
> 50mpg in
> > Atlanta traffic.
> >
> > cheers
> > ed
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Adrya Stembridge
> > <adrya.stembridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I wouldn't rule out a Honda XR650L or DR650 dual sport.   You may find
> an
> >> older KLR650 in the 1k range but it will have high mileage.    Dual
> sports
> >> are amazingly versatile and fun.

> Interstate?

> least
> safe.

> well.

> when

> home

> into

> sitting

> > --
> > Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
> > 3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW | Norcross, GA 30071
> > O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949
> >
> > MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc.
> WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
> > NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are
> not
> > the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete
> it
> > - you should not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content
> > any other person. Internet communications are not secure. You should scan
> > this message and any attachments for viruses. Any unauthorized use or
> > interception of this e-mail is illegal.

Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW | Norcross, GA 30071
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it
- you should not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content to