[ale] Can Bad Video Settings Fry LCD Monitors?

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 13:34:43 EDT 2013

RESOLUTION:
(pun in tended)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  I had tested these monitors
with known good sources, both VGA and (where supported on the
Veiwsonic) DVI to confirm they were dead before asking here.
Sorry I didn't make that clear.

The replies confirmed my understanding that the circuitry on any
newer LCD monitor would simply reject any out of spec signals,
but the supporting opinions were extremely helpful.  I'll just throw
another spare monitor at my housemate's system and hope it
lasts for a while. Embarrassingly, I still have 3 more 17" and
2 ea. 15" units that he can choose from, in addition to an old
school Mac G3 era monitor.

in peace,
aaron

[-: scissors of courteous file size awareness :-]