[ale] Can Bad Video Settings Fry LCD Monitors?

Richard Bronosky richard at bronosky.com
Wed Oct 30 00:01:23 EDT 2013

I would feel confident in saying that you couldn't damage an LCD over
DVI or HDMI. I can only say that it is unlikely via VGA. That's the
funny thing about analog signals. You don't know what kind of levels
you are sending over the wire. But DVI and HDMI are digital. If you
send a signal that the monitor can't display, it will just ignore it.
.!# Bruno #!.