[ale] Any language (wuz: Assembly Language?)

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 09:36:08 EDT 2013

On 10/27/2013 09:18 AM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> I _/*hate*/_ PHP.
> But it's currently, sadly, what pays the bills.

I'll take that as a vote for PHP.  :P

I can't argue with the proliferation of insecure and garbage PHP code. I
can argue that I'm trying to make my code better and cleaner.

What really makes PHP easier is that the delivery engine is elsewhere.
If you want to let others take advantage of your code you have to have a
way to get it to them; install package, set up a daemon and listener, or
put your stuff on an existing daemon. With PHP you just plop it on your
webserver and the transfer mechanism is taken care of.

Granted, down the road I'll be writing my own transfer mechanism in Go
or C. Today's bite of the elephant is program complexity.

Leam

--
http://31challenge.net
http://31challenge.net/insight