[ale] Fedora 17 and X11

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:34:48 EDT 2013

Hit send too fast.

If GDM is working, your xorg.conf isn't the problem.  It sounds like what you're having an issue with is user settings for the desktop.  What I would do is log into one of the text terminals as root, create a new user and log in as them.  If that works, then it's something in your user settings.  So copy all your important data from your home dir  (not the . Dirs) over to the other user.  Delete your original user account, removing their home.  Add the user back, and copy your data back into place.

-Scott