[ale] Survey - preferred Linux distro, desktop, and browser.

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Oct 18 12:01:59 EDT 2013

I've been following spice for almost 2 yrs now. On Ubuntu 12.04, spice is
not-there-yet.  Bugs exist and I'm unwilling to change until 14.04 is released.
LTS or nuthin' for me.  It has worked ... ok ... for a few hours, but I've not
been able to recreate that connection again.

About 2 weeks ago, I attempted to get spice working again on a fresh 12.04.3
server, on the LAN and failed. The bug was already submitted.

As usual, other priorities quickly take precidence and NX from a netbook works
great.

NoMachine has released newer versions of their software ... and promise an
Android NX client in "December" - of course they didn't say which December. ;)

I'm not a fan of their newer v4.x clients, prefer the 3.5.x stuff. Never got the
v4 stuff working with my servers, but spent only 20 minutes trying, not worth
the effort.  I can wait for 14.04.