[ale] Survey - preferred Linux distro, desktop, and browser.

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Thu Oct 17 19:37:31 EDT 2013

We have quite a bit of discussion back and forth about various desktops, browsers, and distros, but I don't think we have done a survey of everyone's favorites.

So...

What is your preferred desktop distribution?
What is your preferred desktop/window manager?
What is preferred browser?

For me:
Preferred desktop distro:  OpenSUSE
Preferred desktop/window manager:  XFCE.  I was a Gnome user up until 3.x.
Preferred browser:  Firefox.  Now that Chrome is the only way to get updated Flash player on Linux, I have it installed, and I'm sure I will be forced to use it for certain things - at least until the remains of Flash are finally wiped from the earth :D

Oh, and I don't want to start an argument - just a discussion!  There are no wrong answers, just different answers.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer