[ale] Video problems

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Oct 17 10:32:36 EDT 2013

I've seen similar effects at Frys when they're driving 20 displays all at once.  Kind of like an old analog tv with poor reception.  I've also seen similar effects when I was driving two vga displays at the same time with a splitter.

If you have a choice, try switching to dvi-d, hdmi, or display port for the connection.  If you have an old video card lying around, you could try that.  Also, if you're running vga, try selecting the monitor's "auto adjust" sequence, if it has one.  I'm assuming the monitor is a flat panel.

If the monitor is a crt, perhaps it's giving up the ghost.  If you have another pc, you could attach it to the same monitor.  That would verify if it's a monitor / cable problem or not.

Sincerely,

Ron