[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 10:59:30 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 10:53 AM, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> In these cases, do you mix disk thin provisioning with oversubscription, or do you opt for one or the other in those cases?

I don't use thin provisioning on the disk... personally, I think it's
asking for trouble.

I want disk full to come up and say disk full, because processes handle
that well.  Usually, that is.

But, if you get disk full errors when there is apparently still a whole
lot of space, applications will go TOTALLY NUTS.

Yeah, I think it's a bad idea.  I'll oversubscribe because it's very
easy for me to montior the host system's resources and rebalance the
load if necessary.  I'll even overcommit memory, in certain
circumstances.  But I won't overcommit disk at all.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843