[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 10:25:13 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 10:21 PM, Don Kramer wrote:
> I don't know the rationale behind doing that, but if someone else does
> or has a different take would enjoy the feedback.

I simply assign as much resources as required to a VM, up to the real
number less one.  Why less one?

Because the host system needs a CPU that it can use to manage and
coordinate the guest systems.  Remember that virtualization effectively
means running an entire computer system as a single operating system
process (or a set of cooperating processes), meaning that the real host
will require some CPU.

Now that said, I often am able to overallocate on my VMH servers,
because most services are underutilized.  As their usage increases,
though, I'll be able to move them to another server that shares the same
storage.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843