[ale] Yea!! Android emulator working after 1/2 hr hair pulling

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 10:12:33 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 11:35 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
>
> It installed about 100 things of which I know not.
>
> Now the emulator works just fine.

This'd be because you're using a 32-bit Eclipse stack.  If you're
running a 64-bit system, you should be using the 64-bit version of the
software as that will run better, without the compatibility libraries.

In a few years, all the major distributions should be using x32 ABI,
which means that we'll be back to running 32-bit by default with 64-bit
software available (kind of like Solaris/OpenSolaris has been doing for
years and years now).  That should make things a bit easier to deal
with.  However, in the meantime, you have to be aware of the bitsize of
your platform and the software that you're running on it.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843