[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sun Oct 13 16:56:56 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an Android emulator working in a mint 13 vm and a
number of different things are driving me nuts.

I'll put the storage problem here and other problems in other threads.

I'm working on a mint 13 vm.  The HDD is a virtualbox 10 GB dynamically
expandable vdi file as shown here.  The vm has 4 gb of ram and 4 cpu's.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9879631/vmstorage1.png

Unbeknown to me, when I installed mint, it allocated 4 GB to swap
space.  So, the file system is limited to 6 gb and is now completely
full, such that any new procedures I try to run are failing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9879631/vmstorage2.png

So, I need a way to increase the size of the VDI file and then a way to
increase the size of the file system that mint sees.

I could delete the swap partitions in the existing drive, replace them
with a smaller swap file, and then resize the ext4 partition with
gparted.  But, that really seems like the long way around the block.

Anyone know an easier way to fix this?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I'm going for a walk at the park and a dose of highly fattening, but
therapeutic, food at Wendy's.  8-(

Sincerely,

Ron