[ale] Monitoring (Was "Todays trends")

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 10:30:26 EDT 2013

Nagios or any monitoring software is what you make of it. I have used
all and still prefer Nagios with the Check_MK plugging. What I have
seen most people what a system that doesn't require a lot of work.
Nagios, is like your wife. Needs a lot of work, if you forget to take
care of her, she will nag you.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:
> I'm totally with you on Nagios.  We switched to Zabbix about a year ago, and I couldn't be happier with it.  Best of all - it is also free.
> http://www.zabbix.com
>
> Allen B.
> --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> The University of Alabama

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org