[ale] Todays trends

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:46:18 EDT 2013

Back in mid 2000's when I was working actively on Linux servers my
major tasks were related to settings firewalls, LAMP servers,
networking, ISP user traffic management (today maybe irrelevant since
users have unlimited traffic), Qmail servers etc. Every install had
own hardware except VHOST sites and mail servers.

I want to get myself up to date so please just number few of the new
hot technologies used by Linux administrators.

I assume these two are "hot": Virtual servers and cloud computing.