[ale] Web hosting query

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sat Oct 5 19:15:00 EDT 2013

Depends on requirements, of course, but I have used WebFaction in the past with happiness. It is a shared hosting provider run by people who know what they're doing. But, they're in the UK and so you can't use it for processing data that falls under certain rules.

We use VPS systems from linode, and monitor/manage them ourselves. Easier than shared hosting and less expensive than rack space is in most data centers. As we grow, we will move from VPS systems to VMs on our own collocated hardware and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone