[ale] [ot?] Citrix Xen

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Oct 2 17:08:40 EDT 2013

Should not have any problems upgrading that I know of.
The main site for the free version is here:
http://www.citrix.org

Documentation and other information can be found here:
http://support.citrix.com/product/xens/v6.2.0/

You should be able to upgrade in place as long as your hardware is supported.
Upgrades from 5.6 look like their supported, but you may need to do it in steps.
Installation & upgrade guide is here.
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137829

-jt

>>> Chuck Payne <terrorpup at gmail.com> 10/2/2013   02:13 PM >>>
Guys,

The reason I putting the subject as [ot?] I am not sure if this is off topic.

I have several Critix Xen Servers that are running any where from 5.6
FP1 to 6.0.2, I have tried to google, but I am not getting a straight
answer, I want to update my Xen servers to the latest Citrix Xen 6.2,
but I don't see any documents.

I have a couple of questions....

1) Most of the servers are running guest local, not my choose, no
storage to move them too, can I upgrade and not lose them?

2) I have one server I am hoping a upgrade would fix the problem of it
not able to connect to Xen Center, can I use a disc to upgrade?

I know a lot people love Xen, but I am trying to move us off Xen to
KVM, just because I can upgrade the host with no issues.

Is there Citrix User Group in Atlanta, I see there one in Orlando, FL.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org