[ale] membership drive

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:34:56 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> On 11/06/2013 02:34 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> What can be done to get people involved in ALE? By 'involved' I mean on
>> the list and participating (on topic mostly), coming to meetings
>>
> I truely want to come to the meetings.  I stopped coming when it was at GT
> (10 years ago??) and it took me 2 hours to go 35 miles.  I finally tried
> again earlier this year and it took 1:45 to go 32 miles.  Could we have a
> Saturday meeting once in a while?

That's a thought. Our venue at Emory not an option much longer due to
budgets and classroom needs. My space at Emory is much smaller and not
suited for large groups (once we rebuild our group). Perhaps a somewhat
variable location/time might be more suitable. That would require extra
effort on the meeting coordination end so others would need to step up and
assist Aaron in that process.

But, yeah, if we can expand our outreach with some flexibility of meeting
times and/or locations, we should explore that.
James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*