[ale] membership drive

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:22:07 EST 2013

It seems to me that some association with Liberated Tech would benefit ALE
and, likewise, benefit the cause of Liberated Tech.  I'm pretty sure some
of you know them, but for the others,
http://www.liberatedtech.org/
Liberated Tech deals in used PC equipment, refurbishes hardware, replaces
closed source software and assists groups in need through their Grant
program.  I don't know what would be the best approach to mingling as two
groups, but perhaps it could be something like ALE sponsoring a build
session or inviting the Liberated Tech volunteers to an InstallFest or
arranging expert advice or hands-on assistance on an upcoming Librated Tech
Grant recipient install.  Of course, individuals can volunteer directly,
but there might be an avenue of involvement which draws some interest to
ALE.
...John