[ale] [meta] List filters

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Nov 4 13:08:40 EST 2013

On 11/04/2013 12:19 PM, Scott Plante wrote:

> JD, I'm intrigued by your use of Zimbra as an authentication server. I'm
> actually in the process of trying to replace our LDAP server that we use for
> Linux authentication. It's been years since I've really fooled with it and I
> wasn't an expert then. Could I use it for Linux accounts? I believe I need
> schemas posixAccount and posixGroup and possibly shadowAccount to act as passwd
> and group. How big a deal do you think that would be or have you tried it?

Setup UNIX account auth using the LDAP from Zimbra a few yrs ago for a document
management server - it was running Alfresco and provided CIFS and NFS services.
It was never really used much in production. Do not recall the detailed settings
http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/UNIX_and_Windows_Accounts_in_Zimbra_LDAP_and_Zimbra_Admin_UI