[ale] createrepo and uploads

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:10:36 EDT 2013

createrepo scans the site and makes the all important repodata folder
accurate. If it's NOT in repodata, yum doesn't "see" it.

Createrepo is used after each batch file upload to make the repodata
current.

If you have permission to the apache folder space used by the repo, you can
also scp rpm files there. It's important to make sure the files have the
proper owner, group and rwx permissions to make apache happy.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com>wrote:

> Friends:
>
> On the SLES 11.1 at work,
>
> My colleague created a repo with create repo and right now the folder that
> is mapped is being served thru an apache server.
>
> However to make artifacts appear there I am copying thru NFS mount to that
> folder.
>
> Is there a NON-NFS approch where I can upload artifacts to that location ?
>

> Is create repo just to convert a http site to SUSE friendly format  and
> nothing more ?
>
> -Narahari

James P. Kinney III
*