[ale] What happen to the installfest

mute wonder mutewonder at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:25:09 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com>wrote:

> Peppermint Linux

@savithari:
Wow, those complaints remind me of dealing with older, low resource laptops
that couldn't handle the popular, more user-friendly distros.  Waaay back
in the day (2007) ;)  If that's the case, I'd recommend distros such as
SysRescueCD to get decent reports on recognized hardware and running stats
and prolly help with preparing to install a new distro.  Also, PuppyLinux
runs super light and has tons of utilities and applications; although it
rarely recognized my wireless adapters, it does have the wizards and
modules for wireless networking.  Also, it's a live cd designed to run
persistently without full installation to the main hard drive, so it's
great for test driving hardware and usability.  Of course, if you have the
system resources for more robust distros, then woohoo for Linux Mint!

Back to subject...
PC Rescue Day, yes yes yes.  I have a number of
desktops-turned-paperweights that I'd like to get running again, hopefully
sold.  Maybe some new eyes would help reach that goal, because advertising
"brokern-down, ancient, dusty PC just needs love" isn't selling as well as
you'd think ;)