[ale] zypper vs yast2 vs rpm installs on SLES/Open Suse

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue May 28 11:44:32 EDT 2013

Yes, there used to be a difference between yast and yast2.  These days there is only one binary, and a symlink for those of us who are in the habit of always typing "yast" instead of the more correct "yast2".  I had a CNI who was teaching SUSE classes arguing with me that I should be running the more modern "yast2" instead of the out of date "yast" he saw me running - he was shocked when I showed him that it is a symlink to the same binary :D
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer