[ale] Linux technophile emergency tool kit

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue May 28 01:36:58 EDT 2013

Not enough time to cover everything, but after the trip last month #1 is a usb-2-serial cable.  Aaron ended up soldering a cable together after buying 2 other cables with the appropriate connectors. I have a photo and it worked perfectly on linux.

Clearly it depends on the type of work performed and the location. Network, server, desktop and programing tasks all need different toolset s.

On the current trip, a stronger external charging battery for smart phones is top for the 11 hr flights. Besides that, this trip has gone perfectly tech-wise with smartphone and netbook + normal power cables and travel WiFi router.

Might add a travel Bluetooth keyboard next time. Typing longish emails on a virtual keyboard in the airport lounge sucks.

Autocorrect sucks.