[ale] Numbers 8 and 9

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed May 22 16:46:48 EDT 2013

On 05/22/2013 02:22 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
> I have read that some pre-employment/non-compete agreements are
> legally invalid because they impose excessive harm on the employee's
> ability to earn a living. I am not sure what makes this true.
The unfortunate downside there is that such agreements are rarely fought
against in court.

An agreement that was a non-compete on a particular scope for a
particular duration of time is acceptable to me.  Something that is
open-ended and has an undefined or infinite scope I would see as
unreasonable, but those are the only such agreements I have ever seen.