[ale] Raspberry Pi & MicroCenter

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Sat May 18 11:07:39 EDT 2013

gmane.mazilo at spamgourmet.com wrote:

> I don't have nor am using any Android GoogleTV USB dongle, yet. However, I
> would appreciate if you could share with us the brand/model of
> overheated devices and where you purchased them from, may be we all can try
> to avoid buying them in the future.

I had the MK808... it's a dual core Rockchip RK3066 Cortex-A9. Here's a link to
one on Amazon (subject of a quick googling... I purchased via Amazon, but I
can't recall if it was from the seller in the link):

  http://www.amazon.com/MK808-Android-Rockchip-RK3066-Cortex-A9/dp/B009OX22B4/

As I said, it's an impressive package and seems very capable. I was able to
have it up and running very quickly. It even comes already rooted. The plan was
to replace the PC I have hooked to my television. Unfortunately, the freezes
and drop-outs happened too frequently to allow for that (especially since I
wouldn't be the primary user; the rest of my family would be). If I hadn't had a
specific use case for it in mind, I'd probably still have it.

To be honest, I was really hopeful that you (or someone else) would tell me I
was simply doing something wrong. Of course, that's still a possibility. Here's
to hoping...

  -Jason