[ale] [OT] Scott Adams Games online and Zork

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri May 17 14:21:04 EDT 2013

You can also find a lot at the Interactive Fiction archive...

http://www.ifarchive.org/

That's where you can find the sources to a lot of the old games like
adventure here:

ftp://ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/linux/

For adventure, you can get it on Android...

430 Point Version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ecsoftwareconsulting.adventure430

There's others in the Google Play store but it's not obvious what
version they are.

Like Zork and others, Adventure uses a game language (zcode) and an
interpreter.  It was the first of it's gendre to do so.  So you really
only need the zcode interpreter and then can load just about any of the
game databases into it.  For the zork series, I use the frotz
interpreter and you can run just about any of the old Zork games on just
about any platform that has frotz available.  Linux and Android are both
in that category.

Regards,
Mike