[ale] GaTech CS MS online

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed May 15 13:31:42 EDT 2013

We've discussed online computer science resources before, so I thought many of you would be interested
in this link:

http://blog.udacity.com/2013/05/sebastian-thrun-announcing-online.html?m=1

"Today is my opportunity to give back. Ever since Peter Norvig and I launched AI Class, I have been dreaming of putting an entire computer science degree online, and to make access to the material free of charge, so that everyone can become a proficient computer scientist. With Georgia Tech and AT&T, this is my dream come true. If, as a young student, I had the chance to learn from the best professors in the world, my life might have been different. I have been fortunate. Yet so many potential learners are still denied access. Education has become much more exclusive, and getting into a top-10 computer science department, like Georgia Tech's, is still out of reach for all but a chosen few. "

Scott

Sent from my tablet.