[ale] how do I get graphical remote access to my linux machine

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat May 4 02:49:36 EDT 2013

On 5/4/2013 2:13 AM, Alex Carver wrote:
> On 5/3/2013 22:53, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> The linux machine is within my
>> firewall at home, so I don't need super strong security.  A simple login
>> username and password is sufficient.
> [...]
>> NX has a
>> graphical administration option, but it appears to depend on having
>> apache installed.  I don't want to do that.  The fewer server processes
>> I have running, the better it is for security.  Both client and server
>> will be on the same wifi router using wpa encryption.
>
> So which is it?  Don't need super strong security or need better
> security?

Hi Alex,

I prefer not to be running any server processes other than the remote
access server (if possible) so I don't have to worry about the
configuration of too many things, particularly if I decide to access it
from outside the house at some point.  I prefer the data to be encrypted
between the client and server.  For the moment, simple user name and
password authentication is adequate.  If I decide to access it from
outside the house, I would use more secure user name and password and /
or possibly add a second factor authentication.

Sincerely,

Ron