[ale] More JavaScript

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:00:51 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Richard Bronosky <richard at bronosky.com> wrote:
> I've been writing javascript professionally since 1996.
> https://github.com/RichardBronosky/resume I love to help people. Open Source
> software changed my life and allowed me to escape a coal mining town in
> Eastern Kentucky. I try to pass along the favor every chance I get. This is
> why I spend dozens of hours every week on forums, mailing lists, and IRC
> channels.
>
> The recipients of help have to give some effort to help themselves as well.
> By choosing not to use the tools available to you, you require everyone who
> would contribute to you, to have to invest a much larger effort to
> understand, diagnose, and describe the solution. I understand that learning
> "yet another tool" like jsfiddle can seem like a barrier to a "tiny
> problem". But you owe it to your helpers to help them where you can. It's
> not fair to plunge everyone back into 1996 just because you are in a hurry.
>
> If you were to do this on the javascript/ecmascript channels on Freenode you
> would be warned, kicked, then banned for repeatedly refusing to follow
> advice. We are a much more forgiving community (when politics & corporations
> are not being discussed) but respect is respect.

Once again, +1.

I would actually like to help, but I'm not going to try and divine the
code from thin air. The code you _have_ posted is not nearly enough
context to come up with any sort of useful advice. We need to a
functional, bare minimum, mockup of the situation in order to help.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59