[ale] P{lease Help - Need Favor for 85+ year-old Ubuntu user in Canton

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue Mar 26 14:18:33 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I moved south of Macon several years ago, and have a lady (close to 90, but you'd never guess it) whom has been using Ubuntu now for about five years, and still only knows the basics.  Still, she's smart as a whip and very active, but she doesn't trust herself.

She apparently installed an update to 12.10, and now she is unable to connect to the internet.

Years ago, her husband was a client when I was consulting.  Unfortunately, due to some very bad investments, she and her husband are no longer able to afford any extra expenses.  Literally.  I've been working with them not as a consultant, but as a friend.  However, I can't drive 5 hours round trip to help, especially since I know it probably will only take a couple of minutes to fix this.

Would anyone please be willing to donate some time and help her?

Please PM me, but keep [ALE] in the subject, if you are willing to be a rescuing angel. :D

Many, many thanks,
Robert~