[ale] switching to foxit for pdf viewing with or without adobe as backup

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Mar 22 13:25:41 EDT 2013

Yes, I see what you mean about the manual maintenance.  There's really no choice on Windows, but I did turn on auto updates on every app that allows it.  Foxit has that option on Windows.  I've been bitten by auto updates a couple of times on android apps, but it probably solves more problems than it creates.  When I get to my configuring Mint 13 week, I'll have to see what update options Foxit has in that environment.

I haven't tried the other readers you mentioned, other than evince.  If they can read that computerpoweruser magazine pdf I mentioned, and let me easily scroll and and zoom and control the document, that would probably meet most of my needs.  So, I might have to look into them.  I do like to use the same apps, configured the same way, on each machine whenever possible.

By the way, foxit also has paid and free android apps.

Sincerely,

Ron