[ale] [OT] any experience with low self discharge NIMH batteries

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Mar 20 11:37:57 EDT 2013

Just a thought to throw out there--you wrote: "I'm going to stick with my old reliable proven technology for now"--have you considered supplementing with oil or kerosene lanterns? I'm with you on the LEDs for flashlights you carry around, but you never have to worry about oil discharging (like batteries) in the cabinet and the light is quite nice. Warm light, yet bright enough to read from, and many, many hours of light are easy to store pretty much indefinitely.