[ale] OT: Internet privacy

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Mar 18 13:17:16 EDT 2013

Oh, hey everyone... I'm BAAAAACK! :-)

Seriously, I moved all my mailing lists to Gmane, and then Gmane said
"WTF are you doing, go away", and I only recently got mail delivery for
ALE turned back on... so I've missed quite a lot.

Y'all will get to see my fugly mug again starting at the next meeting,
too... meant to make it to this month's meeting, but biology had other
plans for me (and some others too, looking at the other threads about).

On 03/18/2013 10:22 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Not an eye-opener for me but for the unwashed masses it should be.
> /dev/null should be symlinked to the cookie directory at a minimum.
> Richard Stallman doesn't carry a cell phone for this reason.

I thought it was cool to see Bruce on CNN's site.  :-)

Sadly, there are nutjobs out there that proclaim such things about any
and everything, and those only diminish the very real,
not-actually-paranoid message that Bruce has... sadly, it will very
likely fall on many eyes with blinders on.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch, President
Naunet Corporation