[ale] Good Linux laptops

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Sat Mar 16 10:05:41 EDT 2013

I've had a lot of success with Lenovo T-series machines, in particular 60
series and 400 series. But like someone else said, most notebooks play
nicely with recent distro's these days.

Since the PC vendors stopped messing with the chipsets on mobile graphics
cards things have improved much, and of course wifi. Wifi used to be that
only a couple that played nice with Linux ten years ago, now there's really
only a couple that don't work.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Doug Hall <doughalldev at gmail.com> wrote:

> A coworker, whom I switched to Ubuntu a little over a year ago, is looking
> for a nice new linux laptop. I know the Lenovos are usually a pretty good
> choice. Does anyone else have a laptop they're thrilled with, which will
> run Mint or Ubuntu? He's not a techie, so compatibility is important. I
> think he uses it for basic things - pictures, email, web, etc.
>
> Thanks ahead of time!

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA 30071
O (770) 446-9606
M (678) 587-8649

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not