[ale] Good Linux laptops

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Mar 12 11:20:08 EDT 2013

Take a look at System76 (http://www.system76.com) for Ubuntu on Linux systems including laptops.  The laptops are rebranded Sagers.  One of Linux ETC's consultants was able to put Gentoo on it including wifi (which was initially a little bit of an issue).  System76 was good at working with him to swap out wifi cards to something more Linux friendly across the board (vs. Ubuntu friendly only).

The only personal downside I have with them is lack of the IBM/Lenovo "eraser style mouse" included on the UltraNav keyboards.  Then again, I have been using ThinkPads since the 755 series in the mid 90's so it is a bit of a habit of mine I admit.

Some side note, they are also based in Denver as are we (Linux ETC that is). ;-)

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.