[ale] ff cpu usage jumps to 50% with all tabs minimized

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Mar 11 16:26:20 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a strange problem and I thought I'd mention it
since others might be seeing it.  I'm using Firefox in Windows 7.  This
may apply to Linux too, but I don't know for sure.  I have 6 FF windows
open and maybe 80 tabs total.  When I MINIMIZE all the FF windows, the
cpu usage on my Pentium dual core system jumps to 55% or so and stays
there.  As soon as I display one of the FF windows, it goes back down to
its normal idle of around 10%.  Just a few minutes ago, I restarted FF
and allowed it to update from version 19.0 to 19.0.2.  This MAY have
solved the problem.  I haven't seen the CPU staying way up high since
then.  I'll follow up if I see it again, but I just wanted to see if
anyone else had noticed this.

Sincerely,

Ron