[ale] Seeking horror/success stories & trends for double monitor setup

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sun Mar 10 17:53:41 EDT 2013

I use dual monitors driven by a single, $60, nvidia card. Only 1 X/windows
instance is needed and I'm fairly happen with 1900x1280 and 1900x1080.

Last time I ran multiple X-instances, there was no way to copy/paste using the
X/buffer between them. That is a non-starter for me.

A blog article about dual monitor setup under nvidia that doesn't use any distro
specific commands:
http://blog.jdpfu.com/2010/05/12/ubuntu-10-04-dual-monitor-with-nvidia-driver
The comments are good too.