[ale] HP BL460c G8 blades with 10Gb FlexibleLOM support?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Mar 7 13:52:43 EST 2013

If you're looking to buy "several" I'd suggest you go to whoever you'd be buying them from and ask for a loaner to do testing on.   If they know it means potential sales I'd expect them to accommodate that.   Although it has been some time since I've needed to do that I do know that I've had VARs/PC makers and even board makers do that when it meant potential sales.

Also if it supports RHEL you could get CentOS and run that as it is a binary compile from RHEL source but doesn't require the RedHat subscription.

Finally if "support" is important to you why wouldn't you go ahead and get one of the "supported' distros to avoid HP from saying it is an OS issue somewhere down the road if you run into an issue?