[ale] a quick test of web site stupid

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 21:25:01 EST 2013

I am a Registered PE, and most of the observations I have read here about
PEs is on the right track.  I also agree with the sentiment that certified
software providers could ease some of the pain we are dealing with these
days.  The big difference, as I see it, is software providers have to
compete on a global basis.  Engineering registration is done state by
state.  If I want to build a bridge in Georgia, I only have to low bid
every other PE in the state.  I'd like to see software receive better
vetting, but I don't know how that can be enforced with the world wide set
of providers we have, most who do not have to answer to Georgia state laws.

...John