[ale] Help - Amazon Prime Video access?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Jun 29 18:09:14 EDT 2013

Looking for some help from the clever people here.

About 2 months ago, Amazon Prime Video (APV) streaming stopped working for Linux
devices. Seems that Flash 11.2.x doesn't have the DRM necessary (OSX and Windows
have Flash 11.7.x).  Most Android devices aren't working anymore either.

I currently have an XBMC/Linux machine (same one I demo'd at ALE-NW in June)
connected to the TV, so it can't playback APV either, but I'm very willing to
use a Plex client and run a Plex Media Server - PMS - on another machine (cough
Win7) on the network to handle APV content.

Anyone think this mix has any chance of working?
Amazon --> Win7/PlexServer --> Linux/PlexClient --> TV

Or should I give up, purchase a Roku3, and install PMS to let the Roku access
local media? The Roku has an Amazon Prime app built-in already, so just local
media access is an issue.

Will it work?