[ale] help with java crash

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Jun 28 14:47:14 EDT 2013

For what it's worth, the "Do you have Java" applet at Java.com didn't work with IcedTea at all for me, but our own Java application came up just fine. Also, the Java console never came up, but I did find stdout and stderr in these files:

~/.icedteaplugin/java.stdout
~/.icedteaplugin/java.stderr

The expected things appeared in those files when I ran our own Java app. And lots of stuff appeared when I tried to run the Java.com applet, but nothing that explained why it didn't appear to run correctly in the browser.

Scott