[ale] OT: check light diagnostic tool

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Jun 12 12:13:11 EDT 2013

Check gauge isn't usually the same as check engine.  The check gauge
light is usually used to indicate that one of your sensors or the gauge
itself (via a feedback mechanism) is having difficulty.  If check gauge
is intermittent, it could be a loose wire or a sensor failing (like
coolant temp, O2, vacuum, etc.)