[ale] rpm's src vs binary and the confusion

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 11:41:29 EDT 2013

Well I think the %pre section should allow you to run a script that is not
a part of the copy to final location.

I am really confused on how to use the %pre section correctly where the
source is a part of the Source: tag in the pre-amble.

Should that file be copied to the target location, in which case it is too
late and the file(s) might have overwritten the files ?

I may need a script(or a bunch of scripts) to run much before any files are
copied over to the destination.

The %pre is to be able to do that, but I am not able to get the .sh files
there.

-Narahari