[ale] WAY OT controlling asian tiger mosquitos and others

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Jul 30 04:02:22 EDT 2013

You touched on a fan for the door, but what about one (or a few) for the deck? I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago and there were terrible mosquitoes. However, whenever there was the slightest breeze, there seemed to be none. Obviously mosquitoes have tiny wings and can't navigate even light wind very well. It occurred to me at the time that setting up some fans on the back deck might do wonders for keeping the things at bay. It'd be fairly cheap to try out, anyway.

It might hold you till the "photonic fence" (aka mosquito lasers) are available, ha ha ;-)
http://www.intellectualventures.com/index.php/inventions-patents/our-inventions/photonic-fence

People have told me the propane trap thing works well, but I've never tried it.

Scott