[ale] OT Just bought my 1st & 2nd "lighting-class" LED bulbs

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Jul 23 17:26:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 16:45 -0400, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Sure,
>
> You can just go to Home Depot and look for the Cree 60W warm white LED
> in blue packaging on a blister card.

> Or, on the web:

> http://www.creebulb.com/bulbs/warmsoft-white-led-bulb-60-watt-replacement?lang=us-en

> The specific model number I bought is:

> BA19-08027OMF-12DE26-1U100

I have bought those and also the "Ecosmart" smart brand.  Seems to be a
Homedepot label rebrand (URLs point to HD.  60 Watt equivalent output
(800 lumens) drawing 12 watts of power or 40 Watt (450 Lumens)
equivalent output drawing 6W.  3000K color temp.

Visually, comparing equivalent LED and CFLs side by side, I find the
LEDs subjectively appear to be brighter (probably because the light
emits from a much smaller surface) and seems more natural (to me) than
the CFLs.

I've completely stopped purchasing CFLs.

> Sincerely,

> Ron

Regards,
Mike