[ale] AAAARRRRG! #@$%#$%$%^$% Don't upgrade K9 Mail!

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Jul 22 19:54:35 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,

I'm sure there are many people that like the redesign.  I liked some of the features myself.  Everyone uses a computer and processes information differently.  The experience may be different on a phone versus my tablet.  For me, though, the specific design change that essentially cut in half the number of message headers I could see on my screen at a time killed it for me.  I haven't found a way to make topic specific folders in K9.  Thus it's not uncommon for me to have 500+ messages in my inbox at once, starred for reference later, and 40 or more unstarred and at the top of the heap, that I'm paying attention to now.  Being able to see half as many at once because they put the sender name on top of the subject, just didn't work for me.  Everybody has different preferences though.

Sincerely,

Ron