[ale] Dual video on HP pavillion running Centos

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Mon Jul 22 16:47:13 EDT 2013

"Neal Rhodes" <neal at mnopltd.com> wrote:
> The unit was delivered with an additional card: an HP 634478-001, which
> is an HP flavor of AMD Radeon, which has DVI and HDMI only. (no VGA;
> weird.) ...

This isn't responsive to your main question, but regarding the above:
DVI-I includes VGA signals in the connector--you just need a cheap pin-format converter to use a VGA monitor/cable. DVI-D skips the VGA signal/pins. A quick Googling says that HP model card is DVI-I so you could use something like this, which I have purchased and used ($2.69):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OBVCO2/