[ale] Web based file storage

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 08:50:04 EDT 2013

There is a webbased svn out there, I don't have the name in front of
me. But, have you thought about using ownCloud? You can set up on any
computer or mobile device. I use as a sys admin to keep my scripts in
a central place. If I don't have an agent install I can use any ole
browser.  Not that you would need it. But it has other items build
into music player, calendar, contacts, and pictures.

Also, webgit is nice too.

If you are using debian, I know the web base svn and webgit are there.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Phil Turmel <philip at turmel.org> wrote:
> On 07/19/2013 04:09 AM, Alex Carver wrote:
>> Do any of you have a recommendation for a web based file storage system?
>>  I want to have something that has basic authentication (i.e. can you
>> see the files or not, doesn't have to get more granular), handles very
>> large files (upwards of 20MB or more at a time), and can provide a tree
>> navigation.  Revision control is not necessary so SVN/Github isn't quite
>> what I'm looking for.  Essentially I'm trying to make a NAS with a web
>> front end.  The users won't be able to mount the server directly so it
>> has to be entirely web access for navigation and file manipulation.
>>
>> I was testing the dotproject file storage system and it's not exactly
>> easy to use.  The server is going to run dotproject for doing the task
>> management but I need something better for file management.
>
> Have you considered WebDAV?  I use it over https to my VPS.  The apache
> module for it can use any normal authentication.
>
> Konqueror in KDE can browse it just like a regular filesystem using the
> "webdavs://" protocol.  Windows explorer has similar support.
>
> Phil

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org