[ale] totally OT: hobbies

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 22:59:09 EDT 2013

I did a bit of lost wax casting long ago. That was fun. Wife still wears
the ring I made for her :-) I have enough tools to almost be a full metal
shop. I keep looking at a small lathe and going "It would be nice to learn.
Like I have time!"

That said, the metal class I'm taking is to prep up for doing some
stainless welding for my brewing rig. I plan to eliminate all threaded
connections! Having lots of fun with a forge. Pounding red hot steel is
satisfying. So far, I can make a round rod very flat :-D

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> When I get money, time, and space (ha ha), I want to get into metal
> casting, machining, and small engine building.
>
> Ron
>

> Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >metal working
> >non-profit work
> >brewing
> >leathercrafting
> >

> >On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Just random question in my head:
> >>
> >> What is your latest hobby/ hobbies? Besides Linux of course  :)
> >>
> >> Mine : two stroke small engines. Thinking of buying 50 cc motorbike.
> >>
> >> Cheers :)
> >>

> >--
> >--
> >James P. Kinney III
> >*
> >*Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you
> >gain
> >at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own
> >tail.
> >It won't fatten the dog.
> >- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
> >*
> >http://electjimkinney.org
> >http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
> >*

> Sent from my Android Acer A500 tablet with bluetooth keyboard and K-9 Mail.
> Please excuse my potential brevity if I'm typing on the touch screen.

> quickly.)
>
> Ron Frazier
> 770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
> linuxdude AT techstarship.com
> Litecoin: LZzAJu9rZEWzALxDhAHnWLRvybVAVgwTh3
> Bitcoin: 15s3aLVsxm8EuQvT8gUDw3RWqvuY9hPGUU

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain