[ale] PHP Guru

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:44:52 EST 2013

Guys,

I need help from php guru.

I have sql statement that works great in mysql, where I'm am using
datediff. When I try to use it in php, I get an "mysql_fetch_arrary()
expects parameter 1 to be a resource, boolean given in"

This the statement is...

$result = mysql_query("select hname, hsn, hmodel, hmake, htype, hwar,
datediff(`hwar`, now()) from host where stype='physical';",$db);

I know the statement works in mysql

mysql> select hname, hsn, hmodel, hmake, htype, hwar, datediff(`hwar`,
now()) from servers.host where stype='physical';
+--------------+---------+--------+-----------+-------+------------+-------------------------+
| hname        | hsn     | hmodel | hmake     | htype | hwar       |
datediff(`hwar`, now()) |
+--------------+---------+--------+-----------+-------+------------+-------------------------+
| moscow       | XXXXXXX | Dell   | PowerEdge | R710  | 2013-09-13 |
                  225 |
| sydney       | XXXXXXX | Dell   | PowerEdge | R710  | 2013-09-15 |
                  227 |

When I remove datediff(`hwar`, now()), my page works.  I wanted to use
that as field

$datediff=$row['datediff'];

Any clues as to why it doesn't work?

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org